Monday, March 3, 2014

Music Poster Song and Concept - Stephanie Tatoiu

Song: The Phantom of the Opera
From: The stage musical of the same name 
Music by: Andrew Lloyd Webber
Sung by: Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman


I chose the theme to The Phantom of the Opera for my Typography project because I like musicals and I recently saw this one in theater. I thought it'd be interesting to put the song in the form of a Typography poster. I also want to incorporate the spooky, dramatic feeling of the song somehow into the finished project.

1. What are distinctive parts of the recording?
The organ in the beginning is probably the most memorable part of the song. Christine's singing at the end is also unique from the rest of the song. 

2. Is there a repetitive chorus or beat?
"The Phantom of the Opera is here,
Inside my/your mind"
The chorus: "He's there, the Phantom of the Opera!" [x2]
The beat is also repetitive.

3. What is the tempo, rhythm?
Moderate to fast / lively

4. What feelings are evoked by the music?
I would say that it has a mysterious, spooky, or dramatic feeling to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment