Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Haley Wright - Type Anatomy





For my sans-serif font, I used a font called "Macilynn Marie". I originally had downloaded this font because i actually used it for a tattoo I got. When i was scrolling through all the fonts on my computer to decide what to use for this assignment, i saw this font and remembered how much i liked it. It has a very handwritten feel to it while still being somewhat clean and precise. I have a bit of a candle obsession and this font reminds me of the font used for the names of a few candles that I have from Bath & Body Works which i thought was kind of cool.





For my serif font, I used a font called "Edition" that i also had downloaded at some point in the past. I really like how this font has entire sides or lengths of a letter as the hairline instead of just one little part, I think that it really transforms the font and makes it different from many others. This font reminds me so much of the font used for Vogue which i love. It has such a classic, clean, and kind of elitist feel to it which perfectly fits that brand. Another interesting thing about this font is that it does not have any lowercase type, it is all uppercase, which i feel also helps contribute to the elitist feel of the font because you either use it how the designer wants you to or you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment