Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Haley Wright - Type Connection

The strategy that seemed to work the best for me was the "embrace the other" option. I found that it was easier for me to pick a type face that was the farthest from the first type i picked. Each time i used this option, i got the match on the first try. When i did other options, like the "seek the similar" option, i had a lot more trouble making matches on the first try. I only tried the "rely on family" option once because i am still not super familiar with all the type families so that was more a guess when it came to trying to pick a match and that was about the same case for the "explore the past" option as well. When playing with the embrace the other option, I initially did picked the Univers font for my first option because it was one that i have worked with in the past so i was semi-familiar with it and figured i would be able to pick the one that would be the most opposite the easiest. I was right with my first pick, Lynotype, and created a happy couple. After that I decided to try some of the other options using Univers as the first pick again. This time I tried the seek the similar option and ended up getting this one on the first try as well. This was probably my favorite 'couple' i created because I actually really like the pairing and how it looks. (photo shows this couple) Universe is the font i had the most success with when it came to each category, but overall, I had the most success in the "embrace the other" category. I think that as I continue to learn more about type families and play around and become familiar with more fonts, it would be fun to come back to this game and see how much easier i could create couples.


No comments:

Post a Comment