Thursday, January 23, 2014

Type Connection - Ben Conde






This game was really cool. I like how it narrowed down what font appealed to me the most, and broke it down from there. It was interesting to read about the details of the typeface and then to go further in detail about where it came from and what other typefaces were similar. I love how easy it was to highlight over the character and see when the font was created, by who it was created by, and a description about the characters. From there, I was able to learn more about small elements within the character like a horizontally-cut curve at the end, a square dot over the “i”, or even a G without a spur. It showed me how much there is to that typeface, which continued to keep me interested. I thought it was really clever to tell stories through the typefaces. It was able to feel a type of personality within the typeface, which made a big difference in whether I wanted to keep on reading, or not. I thought it was great that the dating game allowed you to look into the family history because you get to discover many other typefaces involved. Even these descriptions went into great detail about the size and weights of the characters. Seek the similar was definitely infesting because I found myself not liking the similar typefaces as much as I expected myself too. That allowed me to look more into them and see what they were similar. Overall, this game was effective because it led me to learn more and more about each typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment