Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Typography Anatomy - Mia Patrevito










The first typeface I found is called Palatino.  This typeface was a serif typeface that I found interesting because I thought it was very similar to Times New Roman.  It is a very simple typeface but has a couple of unique characteristics.  I tend to like more simple typefaces when it comes to choosing type because I believe that legibility is key when finding the right type.  Palatino is a very classic typeface, and it seems to be one that you can always rely on.  I would compare this typeface to either classical music or possibly a Volvo.  It is a very safe typeface, and almost a little too boring at times.  I thought this represent classical music because it seems like a classic typeface, or one that has been around for a while.  I chose a Volvo because it seems like a very reliable typeface.  Palatino is simple and clean for a serif typeface.

            The second typeface I chose was a sans serif typeface called Letter Gothic Std.  I chose this because I thought it was very unique yet extremely simple.  This typeface reminds me of the future, or that it should be on some type of video game or coding material.  It is simple, clean, and extremely boring.  There are a couple unique characteristics, like that in the g (the bowl doesn’t go all the way to the baseline).  On a couple of letter like the j, l, and I, there is somewhat of a serif, but it seem to just be an extra line coming out at the top.  I thought that this was extremely unique to this typeface.  Once again, I would probably choose a Volvo for this typeface because it seems safe and reliable.  In regards to music, I would chose electronic music.  Electronic music is more or less futuristic and mostly produced on the computer, and so I think this typeface would fit perfectly with that.  I liked this typeface because it was clean and not overbearing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment